The terms and conditions outlined in the following Privacy Statement apply to users, viewers and all people who have access to the Piper Pewter Web site. By using or viewing this site, you agree to its terms and conditions.
Piper Pewter reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions of any terms, conditions, policies or disclaimers published on its Internet site. To ensure that you know what terms and conditions currently apply, occasional checks of this page are recommended.
General Privacy Statement
Piper Pewter respects the privacy of its Web visitors. Our goal is to protect your information on the Internet in the same way we protect it in all the other ways we interact with you — in our service offices or at your home or business location; through mail correspondence; and, on the phone.
- Access to the Piper Pewter Web site, and use of many of its features typically do not require providing any personal information whatsoever.
- “Cookie” technology captures summary – not individual – information on visitor use patterns. This is computer code that tracks “traffic” so we can determine how effective a given page is in meeting informational or service needs. Apart from providing a performance measure for the Piper Pewter Internet site, the data is otherwise meaningless.
- A cookie contains no information that personally identifies visitors to the Piper Pewter Web site and is strictly geared to providing internal performance data. Piper Pewter knows nothing of an Internet visitors browsing path once he or she has left our domain. Cookies on the Piper Pewter site expire after a period of 60 minutes.
- Piper Pewter will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose to third parties the personal information you provide.
- The Piper Pewter website provides links to, and may be linked from other websites. Piper Pewter takes no responsibility as to the content policies or products on linked sites. By clicking on an outside link understand that Piper Pewter Privacy Policies no longer apply.
Ecommerce Specific Privacy Statement
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.